The Master of Arts in Teaching in middle level education is a 36-hour field-based initial certification program for grades 5-8. Course work includes 12 content area hours and 24 hours in education in the areas of middle school methods, curriculum, reading, educational psychology, growth and development, tests and measures, and special education.
- Nationally Accredited by the Association of Middle Level Educators
- Top Producer of Middle Level Teachers in South Carolina
- Clemson University MAT Middle Grades graduates have a 100% hire rate for the last 12 years
- Become a teacher in 1 year
- Rolling Admissions – Start January or May
For more information, visit MAT Middle Level Education @ UCG.