What is Accounting?
as defined by BusinessDictionary.com:
It is a systematic process of identifying, recording, measuring, classifying, verifying, summarizing, interpreting and communicating financial information. It reveals profit or loss for a given period, and the value and nature of a firm’s assets, liabilities and owners’ equity. Accounting provides information on the
- resources available to a firm,
- the means employed to finance those resources, and
- the results achieved through their use.
Practice and body of knowledge concerned primarily with:
- methods for recording transactions,
- keeping financial records,
- performing internal audits,
- reporting and analyzing financial information to the management, and
- advising on taxation matters.
Accounting Career Areas
Accounting News & Articles
Best Jobs for Business Majors with Salary Potential
``Explore common jobs for business majors that will get you started on your own corporate takeover.``
Accounting and Finance Careers will be In-Demand in 2016
``Graduates with degrees in accounting, finance, and related majors are reaping lucrative salaries and vast career opportunities.``
Best Business Jobs - U.S. News and World Report
``This profession doesn’t deserve such a bad reputation. Accountants make a pretty good living, and they have a lot of job security.``
Accounting Job Opportunity Websites
Search for: any of the Accounting Career Areas listed above.